Connect Society is a not-for-profit, charitable organization whose Mission has always been to support Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals and their families fully participate within community.
Parents concerned about the lack of preschool services for their deaf and hard-of-hearing children began lobbying for pre-school services for their young children five years prior to actual establishment of the Association for Hearing Handicapped Children in 1963. Connect Society has maintained this family-centred approach in its programs and services.
From this initial beginning, and with the ongoing support of Board members, volunteers and staff, Connect Society has evolved to its current stage of development, providing a multifaceted array of programs and services to deaf and hard-of-hearing people; children, youth, adults, seniors and their families.
Connect Society exists to help Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals and their families to fully participate in society.
All Deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals and their families will participate in all aspects of community life and fulfill their aspirations.
- Every individual is unique and valued for their diverse talents, attributes and abilities in all aspects of life.
- The ability to communicate fully is essential to all aspects of living.
- Individuals must have access to the communication mode that best facilitates and enhances their full participation in community life.
- Community has a responsibility to ensure that all aspects of community life are accessible.
- We strive to empower people to access the supports they require to participate as fully as possible in all aspects of community life and fulfill their aspirations.
- Through healthy and strong relationships, we work together to achieve success.